Management Information System and Knowledge Management Officer - ABDP/PCU/2020/01B
Vacancy No – ABDP/PCU/2020/01B
Location – Nyeri
Reports to – Senior Monitoring & Evaluation and KM Officer
TOR Detailed Description
The State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy has developed a programme under a collaborative agreement between the Government of Kenya and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) aimed at increasing incomes, food security and nutritional status of poor rural households involved in aquaculture ventures known as The Aquaculture Business Development Programme (ABDP).
The ABDP is national in scope and will target counties with high concentrations of aquaculture activity, high production, existing infrastructure (processing, marketing, and research), adequate water resources and marketing potential. The ABDP National Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) is based in Nyeri at IFAD Building along Kamakwa Road. The PCU is responsible for day-to-day coordination and implementation of the Programme. The PCU has a Regional Coordination Office (RCO) based in Kisumu which coordinates implementation activities in Counties in the Western Region.
To enhance the capacity of the PCU, the State Department of Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy is seeking to recruit a competent and a qualified: Knowledge Management Officer (1 position)
The Management Information System and Knowledge Management Officer will provide general ICT support for the Programme including maintenance of accounting and M&E MIS. In addition, a key responsibility of this position is to promote the effective use of information and the institutionalised management of information and knowledge products (data systems and analysis, policy documents, programme training materials, internal PCU management procedures and systems, programme results etc). The objective of this function is to support improved working practices based on the identified information and knowledge needs of the Programme and staff, as well as external stakeholders. The contribution of this position is expected to contribute to the improved programme performance and sustainability through more effective and institutionalized approaches to the generation, collection, processing, management and dissemination of knowledge products and other information-related materials. The Officer is expected to support the MIS and KM functions of the entire Programme.
- Support in the implementation of the Programme KM Strategy
- Support the Programme and Counties in development of Knowledge Management Products in line with the KM Strategy
- Identify new areas and analyze existing knowledge management support in Counties and the PCU and support integration of KM aspects in the implementation of activities
- Prepare progress reports of systems developed regularly
- Identify areas in KM that should continuously be allocated resources in the Programme Annual Work Plan and Budgets by ensuring that KM is integrated in planned activities whenever possible
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management in the Programme
- Prepare KM and M&E analytical reports including quarterly, semi-annual, annual reports and other reports as they may be required from time to time
- Regularly monitor and update the Programme Social Media accounts (FB, You Tube and Website) and develop analytical reports from the same
- Support in the development of online tools for data collection, studies and training evaluations
- Support in the establishment of a strong learning-culture in the Programme by ensuring lessons learnt are continuously applied in implementation of activities
- Support in organizing and facilitating knowledge sharing events including seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions
- Assist in tracking indicators for Knowledge Management in line with the Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and the Logical Framework,
- Ensure ABDP stakeholders have easy-to-access and up to date database of lessons learned, best practices and success stories/case studies
- Take lead in developing the Programme’s KM Products such as Newsletters and other visibility materials to showcase the programme’s performance
- Provide crosscutting analysis related to ABDP’s work in the country, especially regarding the programme’s contribution to GOK and IFAD mandate of rural development
- Collaborate with technical units within the Programme to develop and document an evidence base for the Programme impacts
- Based on documented evidence, develop information and knowledge products in collaboration with other Programme functional leads, public information and reports that demonstrate the role of ABDP in addressing food insecurity and nutrition, and in mainstreaming gender, youth, and vulnerable groups into the aquaculture value chain
- Support county implementation teams organize, package, utilize and disseminate relevant information to inform Programme implementation and for external audiences
- Collect lessons learned, best practices and proven innovations in Programme implementation, and disseminate them to stakeholders
- Support general IT functions such as server management, system and hardware troubleshooting and maintenance
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Communication, or a related field in Social Sciences
- A Master’s Degree in a related field would be an added advantage
- Minimal working experience of 5 years in knowledge management, communication, network facilitation or related field
- At least five (5) years’ relevant work experience. Experience in similar donor funded projects will be an advantage
- Applicants for this post will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
Desired Attributes and Experience:
- Experience in knowledge management issues in a busy organization
- Technologically-savvy and with advanced Computer Literacy skills
- Strong communications skills, both oral and writing, in English
- Excellent organization skills
- Initiative to assume responsibility for tasks and projects
- Ability to effectively and professionally handle numerous issues, tasks and assignments
- Knowledgeable on hardware and software aspects of ICT
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills, including an ability to work effectively in a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their application as follows:
- Each application should have a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Covering letter indicating the reference number for the position.
- Copies of relevant documents must be attached
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and the cooperatives avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Women, Persons living with disabilities, the marginalized and minorities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Manner of submission :
The applications will be sent to the following address:
- Programme Coordinator
- Aquaculture Business Development Programme
- P.O. Box 904-10100 Nyeri
Deadline for submission of applications: 16th March 2021 at 11:00 AM.
Please Note :
- No application by email will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
How can we help you today ?