Procurement Assistant - ABDP/PCU/2020/02
The Procurement Assistant will handle a variety of tasks that include: assisting in procurement, preparation of procurement plans, market survey and research; disposal of stores and equipment in accordance with laid down regulations and procedures; and preparation of periodic and annual Supply Chain Management reports’ returns and any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Assisting in procurement,
- Preparation of procurement plans,
- Market survey and research;
- Assist in disposal of stores and equipment in accordance with laid down regulations and procedures; and
- Preparation of periodic and annual Supply Chain Management reports’ returns and any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following field: Procurement, Logistics, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Project Planning and Management, Commerce or any other relevant discipline;
- Have minimum level six (6) Diploma CIPS or CPSP (level 2) in Procurement and Supply Management from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply or its approved equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have a Valid Membership to the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM), Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or its approved equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Applicants for this post will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
Desired Attributes and Experience:
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in the fisheries related sector;
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations, as well as procurement guidelines for IFAD and or the World Bank;
- Be Computer literate with a practical working knowledge of e-procurement
- Ability to get on well with a diverse workforce;
- Good knowledge in the professional field of specialization;
- Good communication skills;
- Good organizational and supervisory skills;
- Impeccable integrity and honesty;
- Analytical skills;
- Records Management skills;
- Team playing skills; and
- Care of resources.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their application as follows:
- Each application should have a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Covering letter indicating the reference number for the position.
- Copies of relevant documents must be attached
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and the cooperatives avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Women, Persons living with disabilities, the marginalized and minorities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Manner of submission :
Send the application via email to the email address : firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number as subject line. The folder shall be password protected from opening. The applicant shall send the password via email as at the time of application on or before August 28, 2020, 11:59pm EAT.
Please Note :
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
How can we help you today ?